KNIGHT CONSULTING HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY STATEMENT
Knight Consulting is committed to the highest standard of responsibility in every activity it undertakes to protect the environment, public health and employee safety and to comply fully with all applicable laws and regulations.
Our commitment to protecting the environment and the health and safety of our employees and the communities we serve represents a critical part of the core values that guide our organization. As part of that commitment, all Knight Consulting employees actively support these values and strive to achieve continual and measurable improvement of all our processes and products.
Our health and safety policy is to:
- prevent accidents and cases of work-related ill health
- manage health and safety risks in our workplace
- provide clear instructions and information, and adequate training, to ensure employees are competent to do their work
- provide personal protective equipment
- consult with our employees on matters affecting their health and safety
- provide and maintain safe plant and equipment
- ensure safe handling and use of substances
- maintain safe and healthy working conditions
- implement emergency procedures, including evacuation in case of fire or other significant incident
- review and revise this policy regularly
RESPONSIBILITIES FOR HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Overall and final responsibility for health and safety: HSE Manager
- Day-to-day responsibility for ensuring this policy is put into practice: Asst. Manager
- To ensure health and safety standards are maintained/improved, the following people have responsibility in the following areas:
- HSE Manager and Asst. HSE Manager– safety, risk assessments, consulting employees, accidents, first aid and work-related ill health
- HSE Manager – monitoring, accident and ill-health investigation, emergency procedures, fire and evacuation
- HSE Manager – maintaining equipment, information, instruction and supervision, training
4 All employees should:
- co-operate with supervisors and managers on health and safety matters;
- take reasonable care of their own health and safety; and
- Report all health and safety concerns to an appropriate person (as detailed above).
We will make sure
ARRANGEMENTS FOR HEALTH AND SAFETY
- We will complete relevant risk assessments and take action.
- We will review risk assessments when working habits or conditions change.
- We will provide personal protective equipment.
- We will give staff and subcontractors health and safety induction and provide appropriate training (including work at height, asbestos awareness and electrical safety).
- We will make sure suitable arrangements are in place for employees who work remotely
- We will consult staff routinely on health and safety matters as they arise and formally when we review health and safety
- We will make sure escape routes are well signed and kept clear at all times.
- Evacuation plans are tested from time to time and updated if necessary. We will make sure escape routes are well signed and kept clear at all times.
- Evacuation plans are tested from time to time and updated if necessary.